Skip to main content

Cynorkis flexuosa

Cynorkis flexuosa
I recently got the tuber of this species in May 2016 from Louisiana Orchid Connection (LOC) when we were visiting Redland International Orchid Festival.  It was labelled as W-3940, 50116, and LOC imported it from Madagascar in May 2016.  It was a large, healthy tuber.  It was left as a bare tuber for a month (I didn't have time to plant it), and it was kept dry (probably sprinkled a little bit of water ever other week) in the summer time.  Around the end of August (Aug. 20), it started to send the leaf up, and it started to open flowers in mid October.  So I don't know much about the cultivation of this species yet.  But the yellow and green flowers are so pretty, so I decided to post it.  I'll update the post as I learn more about this species, but for now, I'm posting a couple photos.

Cynorkis flexuosa appears to be fairly wide-spread in Madagascar. It appears that many of the herbarium records are from 500-1000m of elevation.  So I'm currently growing it at cool end of intermediate temperature.
Cynorkis flexuosa
Cynorkis flexuosa
Cynorkis flexuosa close-up
Cynorkis flexuosa inflorescence
Cynorkis flexuosa whole plant
Somehow, the leaf doesn't stand up by itself.  It may be that I didn't give enough light at the early stage of the growth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kenmore dishwasher leaking diverter motor

Fun in Northern Kenai Peninsula

Samsung Linear LED module H-series Gen. 3