Skip to main content

Bulbophyllum andreeae

I obtained this plant from Far East Agriculture about 2 years ago, and this is the first blooming.  I love the cheerful color combination of pink and yellow.  According to IOSPE, this species is from Sulawesi, the Moluccas and New Guinea. Here is a link to information about this species, and the elevation range is supposed to be from 1300-1900m. I'm growing it at the cool-end of intermediate; max/min daily temperature of 29/18C (84/65F) in the summer and 21/13C (70/55F) in the winter.  It isn't a fast grower for me.





It happened to be my birthday.  Even though it was one hour shorter due to the time change, I spent nice time with my family.  We went to Ester jam to play old-time music in the afternoon.  Well, I probably played only a couple tunes, but it is nice to play music with friends. During the jam, Taiga wanted to play outside, so we played soccer under warm sunshine for a while, and then played a treasure hunt (we buried the soccer ball under snow, and pretend that we don't know where it was).  Taiga's mind has been occupied by Minecraft in the last couple months, so it was a nice treat to play outside like how we used to do.  Indeed, I admit that Taiga and I spent too much time building a Minecraft Blaze farm earlier this morning...  After we went back to the jam, Taiga played a couple of his tunes.  After the jam, we ate my childhood favorite food for the dinner.  I'm glad that Taiga also loved it.  Finally, Diana made Rose Carrarini's Lemon Pound Cake (from Milk Street, March-April 2019), which was delicious (it wasn't sweet enough for Taiga, though).  I had a lovely, relaxing birthday!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kenmore dishwasher leaking diverter motor

Fun in Northern Kenai Peninsula

Samsung Linear LED module H-series Gen. 3